Redwood Shores, Calif. – June 27, 2011
- Enabling more efficient and lower cost deployments of virtualized MySQL environments, Oracle today announced the first Oracle VM Template for MySQL Enterprise Edition.
- The new Oracle VM Template for MySQL helps eliminate manual configuration efforts and risks by providing a pre-installed, pre-configured and certified software stack that includes Oracle VM Server for x86, Oracle Linux with the Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel and MySQL Enterprise Edition.
- By pre-integrating the world’s most popular open source database with Oracle Linux and Oracle Virtualization technologies, enterprise users and ISVs can quickly and easily deploy and manage a virtualized MySQL database server for Web and cloud-based applications.
- Backed by Oracle’s world-class support organization and the result of extensive integration and quality assurance testing, the Oracle VM Template for MySQL Enterprise Edition further demonstrates Oracle’s investment in MySQL and allows users to benefit from a single point of contact for 24/7 technical support for all pre-configured components.
Delivers Pre-Installed, Pre-Configured and Fully Integrated Virtualized Software Stack
- Oracle VM Templates greatly simplify installation, configuration and ongoing maintenance operations, allowing organizations to achieve faster time to market and to reduce costs.
- Using the Oracle VM Template for MySQL Enterprise Edition to deliver applications allows users to benefit from:
- Faster deployments: Users can drastically reduce installation and configuration cycles both for initial deployments and to provision replicated scale-out environments.
- Increased reliability: Using a pre-installed and pre-configured software stack, that has already undergone extensive integration and quality testing and is certified for production use, helps ensure a reliable and trusted environment.
- Higher Uptime: With MySQL’s replication capabilities plus Oracle VM’s built-in high availability features both planned and unplanned downtime can be reduced.
- To further support the cost-effective delivery of high-performance web-based applications, the new Oracle VM Template for MySQL Enterprise Edition also provides users with access to the comprehensive suite of MySQL management tools including MySQL Enterprise Monitor, MySQL Query Analyzer, MySQL Workbench, and MySQL Enterprise Backup.
- Oracle VM Templates are also available for Oracle Applications, Oracle Fusion Middleware, Oracle Database, Oracle Linux, Oracle Solaris and other Oracle products.
- “Oracle is committed to helping MySQL users more efficiently deploy and manage high-performance web and cloud-based applications at a lower cost,” said Tomas Ulin, vice president MySQL Engineering, Oracle. “With the introduction of the first Oracle VM Template for MySQL Enterprise Edition, customers can benefit from a fully integrated solution that is backed by Oracle’s world-class support, enabling faster deployments, increased reliability and higher uptime for MySQL applications in virtualized environments.”
- Download: Oracle VM Template for MySQL Enterprise Edition. Terms, conditions and restrictions apply.
- Whitepaper: Oracle VM Template for MySQL Enterprise Edition
- Oracle VM Templates
- Oracle and MySQL
- MySQL home page, blog, Twitter, Facebook
- Oracle Linux home page, blog, Twitter, Facebook
- Oracle Virtualization home page, blog, Twitter, Facebook